Times slots are either 9am-3pm & 2pm-8pm. Please check your class time.
The LTC (Formerly CHL) Course is the Texas required training program for first time applicants. The concealed handgun course consists of a state mandated 4-6 classroom hours of instruction from a DPS certified Instructor.
This is not a firearm training class. This class only covers the Texas laws surrounding carrying a firearm and use of force. The shooting portion of this class is strictly a test. If you are new to firearms we highly recommend taking our New Pistol Shooter class first
• Texas laws pertaining to the Use of Force/Deadly Force and weapons;
• safety and use of handguns, holsters and secure open carrying of handguns;
• Non-violent dispute resolution;
• Safe and proper storage practices for firearms emphasizing practices that eliminate potential for accidental injury to a child.
The Firearms Proficiency portion consists of a 50-round course of fire at 3, 7 and 15 yds. A combination of lecture, A/V presentation and hands-on exercises will be utilized to keep the class safe, enjoyable and informative.
Hours: 1 day
Number of Students: 8
Class Times: 9am-3pm & 2pm-8pm
• Semi-automatic pistol (.32ACP or greater)*
• 2x pistol magazines
• 50 rounds of factory FMJ ammunition (reloads are prohibited)*
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
• Ear and eye protection
• Water bottle & snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may request a refund or transfer to another class. Please email email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to the start of class.