Please check your class time.
The LTC (Formerly CHL) Course is the Texas required training program for first time applicants. The concealed handgun course consists of a state mandated 4-6 classroom hours of instruction from a DPS certified Instructor.
This is not a firearm training class. This class only covers the Texas laws surrounding carrying a firearm and use of force. The shooting portion of this class is strictly a test. If you are new to firearms we highly recommend taking our New Pistol Shooter class first
• Texas laws pertaining to the Use of Force/Deadly Force and weapons;
• safety and use of handguns, holsters and secure open carrying of handguns;
• Non-violent dispute resolution;
• Safe and proper storage practices for firearms emphasizing practices that eliminate potential for accidental injury to a child.
The Firearms Proficiency portion consists of a 50-round course of fire at 3, 7 and 15 yds. A combination of lecture, A/V presentation and hands-on exercises will be utilized to keep the class safe, enjoyable and informative.
Hours: 1 day
Number of Students: 16
• Semi-automatic pistol (.22LR or greater)* No lasers or optics (i.e. Red Dots).
• 2x pistol magazines
• 50 rounds of factory FMJ ammunition (reloads are prohibited)*
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
• Ear and eye protection
• Water bottle & snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
If you haven’t completed our online waiver, please do so by clicking here. It must be completed prior to live fire training. This waiver is good for one year.
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: If you are unable to attend the class, you may request a refund or transfer to another class up to 72 hours prior to the class and will be subject to a $35 rescheduling/cancelation fee. No refunds or reschedules will be provided within 72 hours of the class or after the class. Please email the Training Department at email@example.com to request a refund or reschedule your class.
Late Arrival To Class: Due to the safety briefing held at the beginning of the class, students are allotted a 5-minute grace period to arrive. Any student who arrives after 5 minutes past the start time will be considered a “No-Show” and will need to purchase the class again at a later date.
Safety Acknowledgement: Students must understand that this is not a basic firearms class. Students who fail to abide by firearm safety rules or demonstrate an inability to operate the firearm safely may be removed from the class at the instructor’s discretion.
Additional Terms and Conditions: Additional terms and conditions may be found here.