Please check your class time. For those who need have already completed the classroom portion of the LTC and need to complete the shooting proficiency portion. If you have purchased the online
Please check your class time.
For those who need have already completed the classroom portion of the LTC and need to complete the shooting proficiency portion.
If you have purchased the online LTC through us, you have already paid for this. Please check your email for instructions on how to register.
This is not a firearm training class. This class only covers the Texas laws surrounding carrying a firearm and use of force. The shooting portion of this class is strictly a test.
The LTC Shooting Test meets the classroom and proficiency demonstration requirements for those who have taken Texas DPS approved LTC Online training. Texas DPS requires two hours of training in ADDITION to your online coursework. One hour of classroom instruction and one hour for the proficiency demonstrations. Classroom subjects covered include firearm safety, firearm operation and basic marksmanship. Upon successful completion applicants will fulfilled the state’s requirements.
• A physical copy of your LTC 101 form, signed by your online provider. (We will not sign any forms without a signature)
• State issued driver license
• Firearm; semi-automatic handgun or revolver (.22LR or greater)* No lasers or optics (i.e. Red Dots).
• two magazines
• 50 rounds of factory ammunition (do not load your magazines, ammunition must still be in the factory box)
• Eye and ear protection
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may request a refund or transfer to another class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the start of class.
The Texas Concealed Handgun License Proficiency Test is a simple timed shooting test designed with plenty of time to take your shots accurately.
• There is no minimum caliber to legally carry as long as it is a legal pistol, however the range requires at the minimum a .22 caliber pistol to qualify.
• If you qualify with a revolver you can carry a semi-automatic.
• All handguns will be inspected by instructors for the safety of the shooter, instructors, and other students. Unsafe handguns will not be allowed for the shooting proficiency test.
• Every student must follow safe gun handling procedures on the range, and in the classroom. Unsafe students will be depending on the severity of the violation, will be warned, or asked to leave the classroom and range. Safety Violators will NOT receive a refund!
The shooting test requires 50 rounds of ammunition
The shooting test for the LTC is fired at 3 distances:
• 3 yards – 20 rounds fired
• 7 yards – 20 rounds fired
• 15 yards – 10 rounds fired
The majority of students pass the proficiency test when they have completed shooting at 3 and 7 yards. However, all 50 rounds must be shot.
The LTC shooting test passing score is 175 points out of 250 points or a score of 70%. The state allows for three chances to pass the shooting test.
It is simple test that many beginner shooters have qualified with ease as long as they follow range safety officer instructions and apply proper weapons handling.
• 5 points – shots fired in the X, 10, 9, & 8 rings
• 4 points – shots fired in the 7 ring
• 3 points – shots fired outside the 7 ring but on the silhouette
• 0 points – shots fired outside the silhouette or off the target paper, and or shots incorrectly fired out of order, or not fired at all.
• Shots that hit just outside the ring but break the line count as the higher score
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Range at Austin
8301 S IH-35 Frontage Rd. Austin, TX 78744
Copyright © 2023 The Range At Austin