This is a 1-day beginner level handgun training class that combines the state mandated LTC course (previously known as a CHL course for a Concealed Handgun License), and two hours of range and classroom instruction designed to provide new LTC holders (License to Carry), and concealed carry beginners with an introduction to carrying concealed. Focuses on learning to draw and shoot from concealed. Discuss gun choice, holster choice, and associated equipment choices.
Hours: 1 day
Maximum Students: 8
Class Times: 9am-5pm
• Semi-automatic pistol (.32ACP or greater)*
• 2x pistol magazines
• 100 rounds of factory FMJ ammunition (reloads are prohibited)*
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
• Sturdy belt
• Outside the waistband holster
• Ear and eye protection
• Water bottle & snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
* Due to the heightened risk of negligent discharges from trigger finger actuated retention feature, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center has prohibited these types of holsters. After careful consideration and continued concern for shooter safety we at The Range Austin will no longer permit these types of holsters. Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Training Department.
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email email@example.com prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.