Please check your class time.
The purpose of the Defensive Pistol 2 program is to provide a systematic progression for defensive-minded shooters who want to move beyond the minimum requirements of the Texas LTC and provide benchmarks of achievement using measurable standards. These are based in large part on the set of skills statistically necessary to be successful in a civilian firearms usage incident. Students will progress through a series of guided dryfire and live fire exercises to ingrain these skills, followed by a Standards Test at the end of the class. Upon successful completion of the test, they will receive a certificate of recognition and be eligible to progress to the next class in the series.
What You Can Expect To Learn and Be Tested On in Defensive Pistol 2:
• Reinforce fundamentals and safety
• Introduce drawing from a strong side, OWB holster
• Introduce reloading from a magazine pouch or pocket holder
• Introduce shooting with support hand only
• Maintain speed and accuracy from previous class while working from a holster
Prerequisites: Defensive Pistol 1 or equivalent experience
• Semi-automatic pistol (.380ACP, 9mm, .40cal or .45ACP) *
• 100 rounds of pistol ammunition*
• 2 x pistol magazines
• Strong side, outside the waistband holster (must hold pistol with good retention and cover trigger guard completely; NO SERPA holsters or those that require use of the trigger finger to release retention mechanism)
• Magazine pouch on belt for spare magazine
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt and athletic shoes
• Clear wrap around ballistic eye protection
• Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
• Water & snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, refunds or reschedules will only be provided up to 72 hours prior to the class. If you are unable to attend the class, you may request a refund or transfer to another class up to 72 hours prior to the class and will be subject to a $35 rescheduling/cancelation fee. Please call the Training Department at (737) 802-3713 to request a refund or reschedule your class.