Please check your class time.
The purpose of the Defensive Pistol program is to provide a systematic progression for defensive-minded shooters who want to move beyond the minimum requirements of the Texas LTC and provide benchmarks of achievement using measurable standards. These are based in large part on the set of skills statistically necessary to be successful in a civilian firearms usage incident. Students will progress through a series of guided dryfire and live fire exercises to ingrain these skills, followed by a Standards Test at the end of the class. Upon successful completion of the test, they will receive a certificate of recognition and be eligible to progress to the next class in the series.
What You Can Expect To Learn and Be Tested On:
• Review safety, pistol manipulation, fundamentals of marksmanship
• Clearing basic malfunctions
• Shooting multiple shots rapidly
• Picking up the firearm from a table rapidly and safely
• Moving then shooting
• Firing strong hand only
• Reloading from slide lock
Number of Students: 8
Prerequisites: New Pistol Shooter Class, Texas LTC, or equivalent experience
• Semi-automatic pistol (.380ACP, 9mm, .40cal or .45ACP) *
• 100 rounds of pistol ammunition*
• 2 x pistol magazines
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt and athletic shoes
• Clear wrap around ballistic eye protection
• Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
• Water & snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, refunds or reschedules will be provided up to 72 hours prior to the class. If you are unable to attend the class, you may request a refund or transfer to another class up to 72 hours prior to the class and will be subject to a $35 rescheduling/cancellation fee. Please call the Training Department at (737) 802-3713 to request a refund or reschedule your class.